Pay special attention if you want to refinish your cabinets as part of a kitchen remodel. If you’ve ever painted cabinets, you are aware of how difficult it can be to get a great finish. In this piece, some Woodstock, Georgia, cabinet painters are interviewed. Riley Cook Of Sunset Cabinet Refinishing share some techniques for getting the ideal finish.
Steps a local Cabinet Painting Company Uses To Refinish
When painting kitchen cabinets, there are a few things you can do to achieve a flawless finish. They include the following:
- Prep work! Prep work! Prep work! (Don’t skip this most important step!)
- Remove All Hardware, Shelves, And Doors.
- Clean Everything with warm water and a mild degreaser.
- Fill in any holes or scratches in your cabinet with a high-quality filler.
- Use a 100-150 grit sandpaper to roughen the surface to receive paint.
- Clean you cabinet surface again to remove any dust from sanding.
- Make use of a decent primer.
- If a paint sprayer is available, use it.
- Lacquer paint (but only with a paint sprayer!) is a good choice.
- Invest on a good paintbrush and a foam roller.
- Finish using a roller after applying with a brush.
- Apply a few thin, equal coats.
- Between applications, sand lightly.
Refinishing cabinets is not rocket science —but it is an art.
You won’t be satisfied with the outcome if you skip any steps. If you try to locate a shortcut, a cabinet painter will need to repaint your kitchen cabinets. To keep things simple, get in touch with some cabinet painters in Woodstock right away.
Sunset Cabinet Refinishing
110 Cook Xing, Suite A
Woodstock, Ga 30188