If you’re planning a kitchen remodel and want to refinish your cabinets, pay close attention. You know how tough it is to get a beautiful finish on cabinets if you’ve ever painted them. In this article we interview some Cabinet Painters in Woodstock GA. Riley Cook Of Sunset Cabinet Refinishing share some techniques for getting the ideal finish.
Steps Our Woodstock Cabinet Painting Company Uses To Refinish
When painting kitchen cabinets, there are a few things you can do to achieve a flawless finish. They include the following:
- Prep work! Prep work! Prep work! (Don’t skip this most important step!)
- Remove All Hardware, Shelves, And Doors.
- Clean Everything with warm water and a mild degreaser.
- Fill in any holes or scratches in your cabinet with a high-quality filler.
- Use a 100-150 grit sandpaper to roughen the surface to receive paint.
- Clean you cabinet surface again to remove any dust from sanding.
- Make use of a decent primer.
- If a paint sprayer is available, use it.
- Lacquer paint (but only with a paint sprayer!) is a good choice.
- Invest on a good paintbrush and a foam roller.
- Finish using a roller after applying with a brush.
- Apply a few thin, equal coats.
- Between applications, sand lightly.
Cabinet Refinishing is not rocket science —but it is an art.
If you skip any steps you will not be happy with the final product. A cabinet painter will have to repaint your kitchen cabinets if you try to find a short cut. If you would like to keep things simple, then contact some cabinet painters in Woodstock today.
Sunset Cabinet Refinishing
110 Cook Xing, Suite A
Woodstock, Ga 30188